Alli - can you take 2 to equal 120 mg of orlistat?

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I weigh in tomorrow morning (week 2) but last week, I lost nothing. Have had no side effects. Really feel nothing!  Like I'm taking a placebo. If Alli is 60 mg orlistat, why not take 2 so it equals prescription strength?  Anyone else try this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I guess in theory you could but I wouldn't want to advocate that you do as I'm not a medical professional...I do see the logic.

Could you ask your Dr for the prescription version?

• Posted

I wouldn't like to say but if you have Facebook thereafter page on there called orlistat support group it's realy good xxx

• Posted

Hi angiv3, I am the same as you but I am on 120mg, it will be week 2 on Wednesday for me , i am not having any of the side effects that I was warned about either.

I posted this the other day and the replys I got were it just means that I have been doing things right and you only get the bad side effects if you have to much fat intake in you diet so fingers crossed that you lose weight,

Good luck

Loraine x

• Posted

I was wondering the same thing about doubling the Alli. I have a rx for xenical but it costs over $600! Thanks for any feedback!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.