Allopurinol.

Posted ,

New to the forum. I have had problems with gout for many years . Backwards and forwards to my doctor. Until May this year i had an almighty gout attack. Never had pain like it and really wanted to saw my own feet off. Doctor decided to put me on allopurinol. Ive been on the 300 mg dose now for 7 weeks. Terrible attacks at first treated with colchincine. Now the attacks have settled but i have this dull pain in my feet and hands, really bad headaches and all round aches and pains plus feeling really tired. My doctor told me it would get worse before it gets better.. Am i now experencing the worse?? Anyone with allopurinol experience can you shed any light on this because im f*****g miserable .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.