Almodipine Besylate coming off of it & with draw Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I had been on AB for almost a year but I felt pretty horrible. It's been about 3 weeks and the most noticeable issue I have now is that my BP is even higher than it was before I started taking it (150/108). In the evenings things calm down to something like 125/87. I'm at a crossroads, do I go back on this stuff or will my BP eventually drop down to what it was before, later on? I thought it should've been out of my system by now but after reading other threads I see it may stick around longer. How long should I wait until either going back on it or trying another drug. I prefer holistic options but Hawthorne, Garlic, COQ10 have not been as effective as I hoped. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi james  ,besylate is a watered down paint stripper .ask wiki,  is that all your taking , any of the Prills, fosinopril, ect ect ,aspirin,  low dose ,water tablets .aching calf muscles, pins needles , petechiae little red dots on skin mainly on chest but can appear anywhere, ginkgo biloba supposed to help i haven't tried that yet, good luck blood pressure supposed to be 100 plus your age so that makes you in your 50's, lol

• Posted

Thanks for the infor, Anthony. I do have a bag of Ginko sitting around so I'll give that a try. I don't know why Doctors keep prescribing it. It seems like no one likes it. 

• Posted

Hi james,  if seems Amlodipine besylate effects Creatine Kinase just like Statins, increase of Creatine Kinase in blood causes myopathy ,in muscles , i been trying find out how to lower mine , up to now Chitosan herb, Wh304 chinese herb whatever that is .   
    • Posted

Hi Anthony, thanks for the info. Do you know if this abnormality gets better with time or is this something permanent that Amlodipine Besylate leaves behind?
  • Posted

Hi James, i have only just found out about, supplement  D- Ribose , ATP , plus 1/3 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate , supposed to repair mucosal lining of stomach the bicarb i mean , might help , i'll give it a try see if it can cure myopathy , which comes with taking amlodipine  , plus the statins . good luck  , but check it out first .

• Posted

Thanks for the heads up, Anthony. My Bp was 140/110 this morning. It will probably drop later but it's got me a little worried. My BP was nowhere near this number before I started using this stuff. I'm taking dandelion root for water retention, raw garlic, hawtrhorn extract, potassium and magnesium but not much luck so far. My BP  did get down to 125/89 at 1am but, I'm not feeling that optimistic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.