Almost 1 year after myomectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

hey guys, I've written on here before and after my surgery however, I haven't posted in awhile..... I'm having some issues.

okay so i had my myomectomy on June 24,2020 and had 2 fibroids removed(one 10cm at the fundus of the uterus which is right where the cervix and the uterus meets and the other 4cm on the left side of the uterus). Surgery went well and Doc said my uterus looked very healthy! I took 2 months off of work and things have been going pretty good. I do have some tenderness/soreness here and there since the surgery and some numbness that comes and goes.

But for about the past 1.5 months I have been feeling very bloated! No pain, no cramping, no pressure-like feeling, just feeling bloated. I went to my PMD for my annual physical on April 29th and he did some bloodwork and said I gained 7 pounds since last year(I knew i gained some weight and plus 2020 was covid so everybody gained weight). the bloodwork came back and my hgb was slightly low. It was 10.9 and the range starts at 11.1 so no big deal plus I was on my period and I figured you should expect bloodloss when you’re on your period. However, my iron was also slightly low at 28 and the range starts at 27. Again I chalked it up to being on my period plus Ive been chronic anemic since i was 19(i'm now 30).

Now, Ive started back working out within the past 2-3 weeks, theres no pain when I workout or after. However, 2 days ago the bloating has gotten worse! at least in my mind! My stomach is starting to stick out more than just fat and Im starting to get nervous that it may be another fibroid growing! when i lay down I dont see any bulging at all. I even started poking and feeling around my stomach to see if I could feel something but I dont feel anything . Has anyone experienced this feeling so lte after surgery ? Am I working myself up? Maybe the incision/tissue/muscles are just feeling like this because of me working out again ? I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach over this. Ive already called and made an appt w. my ob to talk to him about this. I want to do another US just to be sure .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.