Almost 11 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI, been on citalopram for almost 11 weeks, 2 @ 10mg, 5 @20 & 3 at 30, during this time, especially after 6 weeks, ive felt better, having no awfull anxiety & intrusive thiughts, however as soon as i got my oeriod it all started again, feeling back to square 1, for 5 days now, does this mean i have little chance i will improve. avivce needed

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

dont panick it doesnt mean you wont improve x the fact you have felt good is a really good sign and even though they say 12 weeks it can take longer.

your hormones will play a big part in why you feel poo atm.

my partner was like you felt like crap once a month after doing really well. eventually it died down enough to be manageable and not really bother her any more x chin up it will pass.

remember each time you increase you have to start the timer again so you have plenty of time to improve as time goes on x 😊

• Posted

Hey chrissy, I'm currently on week 9 of celexa. Started with 10mg for 2 weeks then 20mg after that. I can tell you that its been a rollercoaster ride. I've had some good weeks and some not so good days but it is working. stick with it and let it set in. I might be increasing my dose to 30mg depending on what my Doc says on wednesday when i see her. GOOD LUCK and stay possitive!

• Posted

Doesn't mean that at all! Me as a woman also have that during my normal PMS time, with or without meds most of us as females deal with that. You're not at square one, its only your hormones going a little nuts right now, that is normal. Just keep telling yourself that its temporary, and should go after the PMS. Don't worry yourself! 😃

• Posted

Just knowing that it is helping and you have felt the improvement means that it is working the way that it should. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.