Almost 2 weeks after upping to 20mg from 10g still feeling sick and tired until 3pm

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently had my dosage increased from 10 mg to 20 mg as I was starting to feel anxious again after 8 weeks on 10mg. After nearly 2 weeks on the 20mg I'm getting morning nausea and feeling really sleepy until mid afternoon. Taking my tablet in the evening and sleeping fine. From 3pm onwards I feel almost my old normal self, but after waking up in the morning I feel horrid and want to cry some days. I thought the side effects wouldn't be as bad as when I first started but found it's much worse with regards the morning nausea. Don't have dry mouth or jaw clenching but the nausea and sleepy feeling is almost making me want to give up with the meds.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ginger,

Sorry to hear that. I'm on 20 myself, startling my second week. This is my second time around in celexa. It stinks but give it some time. That's what I'm saying to myself too. It will even out. I slowly went to 30 last time and was my old self after a while. You will get there. I understand the three pm thing too.

Also maybe try taking it at a diff time.

• Posted

Brian

I was taking it in the mornings before but found it made me really tired. Not sure if to try the mornings again or stick it out a while more and see if the sickness goes. I run my own business and that's part of the reason I'm anxious anyway, having to go into work because I have no choice and need to make income. At the same time I feel like I'm torturing myself just going there and feeling so horrid. I was on 10mg of these 3 years ago when I got divorced but never had these side effects. Really making me worry that I'll never be back to normal in the daytime.

• Posted

Hi

I am just going in to week for on 20mg I was on 10 for about a year after dropping down from 20 as I was feeling good then had a fall !

Side effects are easing off still very bad morning anxiety and not much of an appetite, I am taking a lot of positives from these discussions as so many people have seen a big improvement 4-6 weeks , 8 seems to be a big turning pint, can't wait to get there.

We are all in this together and I feel confident that we will get ourselves back and enjoy life again soon.

Keep posting

• Posted

I'm feeling a bit better this morning, was very sleepy but sickness is ok today, I'm hoping I'm back to normal soon. Its really hard dealing with these side effects and trying to get on with life. I just want to feel normal again and wake up feeling good. I took my pill at 5pm instead of 7pm and I think that it made a difference, will continue to take at 5pm and see how it goes.

• Posted

have you tried escitalopram?  it is the same as citalopram but with the sleepiness side effect removed.  the escitalopram equivalent dose to 20mg citalopram, is half, so that's 10mg escitalopram you would need ti replace 20mg citalopram.

i used to take citalopram but was sick of being sleepy all day, so switched to escitalopram and now i dont have to sleep in the daytime anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.