Almost 29, but heart beat in tummy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ahhhh well I have being wondering if I have an AAA for a few weeks now after going A&E for shortness if breath but was told it was anxiety. Have been back to my doctor loads since and now have a high blood pressure (145/95 average) but pulse is normal. I have noticed I can put my phone on my belly and it literally moves up and down with my heartbeat.

I am overweight and appparently anxious (on sertraline currently to help but only day 10) and when I asked my doctor he literally laughed at me and said no way there's no history and im only 28........ he also laughed when I asked to be reffered to a cardiologist which is now done but as it is not serious there is quite a wait.

Could I have an AAA?

Are there any signs to watch out for?

Tests at home?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Tom,

How you doing? did you get anywhere with getting a diagnosis yet.

Do you still have the abdominal pulse?

Regards

Dan.

• Posted

Hey Dan

I have spoke to 2 doctors regarding this and have been told it is normal to see your pulse in your tummy region as that is where the biggest artery is and if it was bleeding I would know by now. Other than that I have being told I have anxiety and to shovel tablets down my throat

• Posted

Good that you've seen 2 doctors regarding the abdominal pulse and that they both feel all is ok. I see from your original post that you have an appointment to see a cardiologist, has that taken place yet.

Regards

Dan.

• Posted

Not as of yet I am told there is up to a 25 week wait at the moment, I have waited about 11 so far

• Posted

Hey Tom,

Any updates on this? im 28, overweight and noticing the same pulse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.