Almost 3 week out from total knee replacement

Posted , 7 users are following.

In a few days I will officially be 3 weeks out from my total knee replacement. I've been feeling pretty frustrated and discouraged by how slow this recovery is! I've been doing physical therapy 3x a week and while I'm almost being to 100 degrees my extension isn't great. I was constantly getting a 3 for extension but then after a really hard physical therapy session it jumped up to a 10! I was super freaked out! It's has stayed about a 5 for two sessions now. Has anyone else experienced this? My knee is pretty swollen still. I've been pushing myself pretty hard because I'm so frustrated with th extension! Sleeping is pretty rough still and I'm having burning down my shin. I'm guessing this is pretty typical though. I'm iust hoping I get my extension to 0 before my next doctors appointment in a month!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had to check back in and say thanks to everyone's advise of relaxing and slowing down I got down to a 4 on my extension today. I was also happy to get to 102 degrees in my bending. I'm officially 3 weeks today and feeling more myself. It has helped to relax and just know it will come smile

• Posted

So glad to hear Erin .. take care and always remember your knee knows best smile

• Posted

Thanks! How have you been feeling? You've been through so much!

• Posted

So quick question. I'm 4 weeks this week and I've been getting up and doing a lot more. I've been out shopping for school supplies the past few days. As a result obviously my swelling has gotten worse. I've been icing and elevating as much as I can. My question is how do you balance trying to do more things and not have your leg swell up horribly? With school starting (I have twins going into kindergarten!!) I will have to be up and going a lot more than I have been.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.