Almost 3 weeks from surgery!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I had surgery on my ankle April 25, 2018 I had to have my ligaments tendons and  muscles fixed and they put in a metal plate and screws where my ankle ball is! I was in a  ace bandage until may 8th and was put into a walking boot but my doctor told me no  Weight bearing I go back the 22 of may to start physical therapy! Does anyone have any idea of how long it is before I start walking again? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alexis, 

On November 13th of '17 I had ligament and tendon repair and some reconstruction with a few screws. No plate. I was in a splint cast/ soft for 2 weeks and then a hard cast for 4 weeks. Once that came off I was told in the office to  WB right there. I could but was scared to do it. And super painful. 

You have some major healing to do . Listen to the PT person and listen to your doc. Take all your meds... 

As I always say "One day at a time" 

Good luck, 

Rose

• Posted

I would think if you're starting Physical Therapy that it won't be too long maybe a couple weeks

• Posted

You're welcome I hope it all turns out well and just remember listen to your doctor because I didn't and it's took me a long time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.