Almost 4 weeks post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a anterior/posterior and vaginal vault prolapse repair, perineum repair and sacro spinous fixation almost 4 weeks ago and in the last 24 hours everything has been 'burning' down below and I keep getting a shooting pain right up into the vagina and it feels like I'm sitting on stinging nettles. I don't know if this is normal or a sign of infection?? It's been a tough few weeks and was totally unprepared for the recovery by the doctors and nursing team but don't want to take myself to the Drs if the new symptoms are 'normal'!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello. So sorry you're feeling like this. I know how you feel as I had the same operation almost 5 years ago. It does sound as though you have a urine infection. Try and drink plenty of fluids and see if that helps but in all honesty I think you will probably need antibiotics.
  • Posted

I would get medical advice as burning doesn't sound 'normal'. Even if there isnt anything wrong the GP wont think you are wasting their time. Better to be safe.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies I'll ring the surgery in the morning and see if I can get an appt or at least speak to a gp if I can't get an appt!!

Thanks

• Posted

Hi ladies

Have been to the doctors and have another infection 😔 have been giving strict instructions to rest for the next two weeks to give the antibiotics time to work and for the wounds to heal as they're a little bit yuk too.

Thanks for your advice

• Posted

Pleased you've got everything sorted and the doctor is right it is so important to rest as much as possible. Take care.
    • Posted

Glad you went to the docs and now you can get sorted.

Rest and get well soon.

• Posted

Hi I would see Dr it sounds as if it might be infection  don't leave it x
  • Posted

Hi ladies just an update got taken to hospital last night with a raging fever, sickness, pain in my back and vagina, Dr in a and e wanted to admit me as I'm now on my third infection but Gynae refused to come and see me and told them to discharge me but also said I must see my gp to get an urgent referral to my Gynae consultant! I was discharged at 2.30 despite a rising temp, raised infection markers and all sorts of nasties in my urine!! As I was in such a state they've made me an appt to see ambulatory care this morning!! I've had no sleep my temp keeps rising and the pain around my kidneys is horrendous 😢
    • Posted

Good luck with your appt. I would insist that today it is sorted once and for all! X
  • Posted

I am two weeks post op of having prolapse rectocele repair i am having much of the same issues the burning stinging feeling an my stitches seem like they have been pulled

To tight having extreme pain im hoping the pain to ease up next week. If I move around to much omg it gets hurting bad im a strong woman an can handle pain usually not this kind of pain I cry its gets so bad more at night

• Posted

Hi,

im 2 weeks post op after 2nd anterior repair, this time with Sacrospinous Fixation. I was in hospital for 3 days. I still feel extremely tired but cannot sleep, it's now 2am!

i seem to be lucky that I haven't experienced the buttock pain you have all mentioned. I just feel uncomfortable like someone has stuck a block up there and it restricts me sitting down, I much prefer laying down. I saw my Physio yesterday who said all is normal, I was concerned about the bleeding which has now turned a light brown colour and does smell a little, again was informed this is normal. I keep constipation at bay by drinking 'model lily tea' revolting but works!

would love to hear from others currently experiencing this op

aj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.