almost 4 weeks post op need advise please

Posted , 5 users are following.

4 weeks post op and still have a Bulge From the top how soon can I have it checked ?

It seems to be getting worse by the day now

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I can't answer your question sorry. But are you overdoing things ? I know when I have walked to far or done too much bending I feel the same then I rest smile

• Posted

I have been resting a lot and doing everything I am supposed to. It used to be down when I woke up in the morning but now its there when I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning and all day long. I've tried ice packs it doesn't seem to effect it any.

• Posted

You can have it checked whenever you want. See your GP and ask him to have a look. Hopefully he'll be able to reassure you. It's normal to still have swelling at 4 weeks, I did. The swelling is there even when you are resting. It's just part of the healing process.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

I hgad a bulge after my anterior repair at 3weeks but unfortunately foir me my op didn't hold. I did everything to the book,did absolutely nothing for ,6,weeks ad !y husband was wonderful to me and did everything while he was off with me then when he went back to work I rested in the day by this time I could do a light lunch .. I am now waiting for another repair but this time I'm taking vagifem to strengthen the tissues which I didn't o before. I'd maske an appoine to go back and see your urogynacologist to have piece of mind. Its a constant worry I know but you must do it. I have a new urogynacologist so I'm full of faith it Weill hold this time. I will be a nervous wreck when I get there. Good luck lovexxc

• Posted

Unfortunately welshgirl unless you are a private patient it is difficult to get an appointment with a urogynaecologist unless it has been prearranged. This is where a GP appointment is probably the best option because they can expedite an appointment.
    • Posted

Thatscwhat I meant matron sorry. Go to gp to refers back to consultant. Hope your well.xxx
    • Posted

Hello my dear. Not so good at the moment but hope you are hanging in there. I just wish everyone could contact their consultant when they have problems, it would save so much time and relieve any anxieties. Won't be too long before your next operation. Fingers crossed xx

• Posted

Thanks matron. I'm keeping positive love.still on the vagifem so. Hopefully it will strengthen up tissues. Im sorry your not so good matron.how its not to bad for you.thanks so much for your advice,its golden to us Ladies. Xxx

• Posted

How long has it been since you had your anterior repair if you don't mind me asking? How long are you having to wait to try to fix it again?

Thank you I will call the GP monday to see if they will check it

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, I had my op last April, went back 5times to see consultant but each time he told me all was fine. I knew it certainty wasn't so I got a second opinion in wales where I am from I live in hampy now but paid to see a private consultant who I was recommended by a very good loyal friend. Thank the lord I did be cause he confirmed my fears. I am now on the NHS list as I can't afford to psy again and it looks like June time it's been a very emotional draining time, used to cry everyday over what I look like but now I have accepted the mess I look like and will get sorted by my new urogynacologist. I know they won't operate within 6months of last op so it will be 1yr and half for me when I get it repair. Been one of the worst years of my life I can tell you. You can pm me anytime ifbyou want supply lovexxx

• Posted

Oops I meant Hampshire not hampy hahaha.x
    • Posted

I meant support love.this tablet is a pigging nightmare😂😂😂

• Posted

Thank you welshgirl at least I will have some kind of idea on what to expect now . I hope yours gets fixed and you can live happy. These things do have a horrible effect on our lives.

Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.