Almost 6 months of this aghh

Posted , 6 users are following.

So since the Beginning of may after a weekend of citrus vodka and lemonade) made me sick one night, woke up fine, kept drinking but felt my stomach was off, vacation rolled around, drank, 4th of July, very bad, anyways I finally stopped at the end of July and had an endoscopy the end of September, it showed mild gastritis nothing else, test were negative, out on 40 mgs of ompeprazol and I still feel constant nausea and slight heartburn, burping has subsided. No other symptoms.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My diet now consists of chicken and lettuce sandwiches, no dairy, apples, bread, chicken salads, blueberry muffin, bananas and peanut butter. I'm meeting my needed calories a day, and I get really hungry at times. I just want to know if this diet sounds okay and hopefully at least some idea of when this misery may end, thank you.

• Posted

There's a lot of information not given, eg, age, weight, sex, active person or not, food habits, smoker, etc. An endoscopy will only give so much information i'm afraid. If a sample was taken during the procedure it could have shown if you had H Pylori or something else. Had you had bloods taken or anything else done? 

• Posted

Everyone has their own trigger foods with gastritis.  Keep a food diary to see if any foods are causing nausea and heartburn.  The key things to avoid are spicy, fatty and rich foods.  Omeprazole can cause mild nausea; I took omeprazole and had mild nausea from it which did clear after taking the medication for a while.

Did your endoscopy look for h pylori which can cause gastritis? 

• Posted

Again, tests were negative as I said above, blood, stomach sample, etc, I'm 19 fairly active, male, used to smoke and drink but not anymore except weed 

• Posted

I would be careful with what you are still smoking in case it is irritating your gastritis.  Maybe cut it out too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.