Almost 6 weeks post op and swelling got worse this weekend and cant do my bending exercises...

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have asked this question before but noticed this weekend the swelling has gotten worse to wear i cant do my heel slides... the knee cap is a little warm - not hot - but warm..could i have some time of infection ?? Going to dr on wed for my 6 week follow up but this is scaring me ... any advice or previous experience with this ? Thanks ya’ll 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm 13 weeks and still swollen. It doesn't bother me though. The knee is warm too compared to the other one but I've never had an infection. Hopefully your doctor can put your mind at rest. Good luck 😁

• Posted

Listen Marie, you don't get yourself all worried like that.The heat in the knee is very normal. Mine still get warm warm now after 16 months!!!

Sometimes if you work it too hard it swells more and gets hot,and you feel like to are back to square one, then it seems to be a bit better on other

days.

?Its like a merry go round, some  times ups and downs each and every day. Just ask when you go for check ups if the surgeon feels that it is what  is expected. If you get worked up you will get really low and depressed.

?See some friends and get out and about, it will take your mind off it for a while.

?Let us know how you get on anyway

Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.