Almost 6 weeks post TAH - swollen tummy, heaviness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am almost 6 weeks post TAH and the incision has healed really well. I'm still pretty tired some days, but am off work at the moment, so am trying to nap in the afternoons, which is helping. My stomach is really swollen and sore to the touch. I feel like it got a bit better and has now got worse again. Also, has anyone else got any prolapse symptoms that seem to come and go?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My tummy used to swell up then go down again on and off for about 18 months, it wasn't anything to do with prolapse though, it was to do with healing, if I lifted anything or did the hoovering that kind of thing it would swell up, then after rest it would go down again.

• Posted

Sorry, I read your post wrong, specifically the prolapse bit. oops.

• Posted

Hello,

This is exactly how I'm feeling and I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday. I felt after about 4/5 weeks I was doing well and all has healed well on the outside but I'm exhausted every day. I do have 2 young children so find it hard to rest when perhaps we should still be.

I also have lots of pressure low down and especially first thing in the morning and later in the day it hurts when urinating (mainly at the end).

I went to the drs on Monday as I was worried and they just told be I was still healing and to take it easy. I do have my follow up consultant appt on Wed, I can let you know what they say.

I hope you feel better soon 😃

• Posted

Hi Leanne, thanks for your reply. It's a very strange recovery isn't it! That would be great if you could let me know what your consultant says - hope your appt goes well. I have mine on the 13th and will also share anything relevant. I have been doing loads of pelvic floor exercises to see if this helped with the heaviness feelings. I downloaded an app called Squeezy (it's £2.99 and is endorsed by the NHS). It's keeping me on track a little more and ensuring I'm doing full sets, rather than sporadically and not keeping track. Good luck for Wednesday and take care of yourself x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.