Almost 8 weeks after hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey, all!

So I had my hemorrhoidectomy done during the first week of december. I started feeling almost* like my normal self about a week ago.

this week I caught the flu. I think that from all the coughing I might have cased some damage or something. i now have pain in my anus (on the left side) 😦. feeling like im back to square 1! i was almost painless at the moment.

has this happened to anyone else? im getting better from the flu but now my butt is sore. everything outside looks "normal"- just want to know if this is a temporary thing.

thanks!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, there are ups and downs during the healing process, by month 6 you will be fine, first month the worse ofcourse, good diet, hydration and plenty of motrin you'll be fine...

• Posted

did you feel something similar to what i am describing? i know the healing process is not linear but im almost two months out and I was starting to feel great.

• Posted

Hey! I'll be 7 weeks on Monday and I now have an anal fissure to deal with. So my pooping pains have yet to pass. Do you think that maybe you could have gotten an anal fissure? My passage was a bit too narrow so I did an anal dilation on Wednesday so hopefully this fissure can somehow heal as I am still on a high fiber diet.

• Posted

has that be confirmed by tour Doctor ?

because I have the same systoms and I do not have anal fissure

• Posted

Yes it was confirmed. When I went in he checked and assured me it was indeed a fissure. The pain is only when the stool is exiting. And I can feel extreme burning on one side (assuming that is where the tear is). My internal wounds have healed. The external wounds are almost healed.

• Posted

hi, no, it doesnt feel like a fissure - it feels more like the spasm i was getting right after a bowel movement (after the surgery). those spasms went away about two/three weeks ago. now i'm on third day of feeling this constant ache/spasm. hope it goes away soon 😦

• Posted

hi!!! it got better. i was symptom free until this past week (it was not a fissure) however, I had a "hard poop" about a week ago- i think i developed a fissure but no blood. the pain of the fissure lasted about two days. now I have a skin tag (i believe) i think its where the incision was made to remove my external hemorrhoid. its painless but really annoying feels like a hemorrhoid flare up. has this happened to you? does it go away? i ve been uncomfortable like this for three days. im pretty sure is a skin tag because i felt it right there while i was at the early stages of my recovery but it went away- now its back and im just anxious.

• Posted

Hi! I had a skin tag after surgery and it was getting smaller until I had that dilation and now it's still there but it's not that much of a nuisance. Sometimes I feel like getting it removed but I cannot handle anymore pain. My outside wounds are close to being healed. Apparently I never had a fissure. The scar tissue was the issue. It has been bleeding recently and it still hurts when I have a BM. My doctor says with time that will pass because the scar tissue has to soften. I had my surgery since Dec 16th so I am miserable right now. I am using pain suppositories so I am hoping within a week or two my scar tissue miraculously heals and I have zero pain.

• Posted

oh! ok hang in there. what fiber/stool softeners are you taking? i had pain (more like spasms) after bowel movements up until the second week of January - i think, after that everything started to get better then I had the flu which caused me that weird spasm like pain but it went away after a week. now i have this small but bothersome skin tag that I hope goes away (maybe im wrong and its a hemorrhoid because is in the same place where the doctor cut, maybe is scar tissue- i dont know) . are you doing the warm sitz baths?? i was doing them till mid february, got confident i was better and stopped- now im doing them again. i hope you feel better soon!!

• Posted

also, when I went to the doctor for my second follow up (mid february) he told me i had a really small fissure - which was true, I was bleeding after pooping- he told me that it would heal on its own but also subscribed a cream which cured the fissure in about a week!! and i was feeling great! ive been using the cream this past week to see if it helps with the tag but not seeing much improvement

• Posted

hello,i know it's been months but what cream were you using to help the fissures?Did it close up completely?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.