Almost at the 3 week point, feeling awful Today!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wow today was Tough! No appetite at all. Crazy diarrhea. Mornings anxiety and just overall flu like symptons. Surely good days are coming soon! When do the worst of side effects Stop! Help I need some hope!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shane

We are all different but when I started on 10mg of Citalopram for anxiety I felt heightened anxiety really bad for the first 5 days then after that it was mornings that where hard waking with nervy tummy etc and did t go out of the house much but it hit loadsbetter for me and now I'm over 4 months and take 15mg and feel loads better

• Posted

Thanks Debbie! Definitely tough going these first 3 weeks. Mornings are a misery. Thanks for sharing your story gives me hope. Kind regards, Shane
  • Posted

Morning anxiety is the worst ugh just stick with it and keep moving.
    • Posted

Thanks Kain! Will do my best to Persevere!
  • Posted

Some people just can't take certain antidepressants. It's toxic in their body. Just an idea but have your liver enzymes an pancreatic enzymes check to see if elevated. I had Hepatitis from 2 med's. Not the blood hepatitis but inflammation of the liver. Alot of these meds are metabolised thrue the liver or broke down in the liver. Zoloft an Prozac were horrible on me. Severe anorexia, severe diarrhea, BAD joint pain, all over bad body pain. I couldn't hardly function. Had tests done an showed elevated enzymes. Tapered down a little then stopped both when I was taking them. 2-wks later...no body pain, no joint pain etc.. had bloodwork done again a month off these an enzymes went back down. Thats proof that some of these just can't ve taken by certain people. If it continues (body pain, joint pain) i would get bloodwork. Why suffer?

• Posted

Thanks Zio, I will follow-up with my doc.

Best Shane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.