Almost constant headache...any tips?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had an almost constant headache for nearly 3 weeks now...I say almost constant, I have a constant "feeling" which isn't painful as such with intermittent bouts of pain - like shocks/cold zaps/pressure...throughout the day...I have the usual physical anxiety symptoms...detached/foggy feeling, jaw clenching, my eyes hurt & I occasionally get tinnitus...I don't need to medicate every day but more recently (few days) I've used paracetamol/Ibroprofen at least once a day...I've been opticians & have glasses for reading/to/driving...the dr has said its possibly chronic tension headaches (I have health anxiety - so naturally I think I've got a brain tumour of some sort!!) with occasional cluster headaches...I've tried nortriptyline (kept me up all night & made me feel like a zombie) and then tried sertraline (worst drug ever invented) I'm having weekly cbt to tackle the anxiety...has anyone experienced similar??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a MRI? Any double vision?
    • Posted

Hi, no haven't had an MRI...doctors doesn't think I need one...he's given me some blood test forms to get done...routine bloods...gonna have them done Thursday. No double vision unless I've just taken my glasses off!!
    • Posted

I'd like to add that I'm fine when I wake up...the feeling/pain starts once I'm up & about x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.