almost one year after varecocelectomy operation without any pregnancy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I made a varicocele operation about 1 year ago and until now no pregnancy has  happened yet , my sperm count was good in the last year and  the activity has raisen from 25% in the 1st hour to 40% and  the count was 65 million , i took vitamin E 400 mg as a supplement in the first 6 month after the operation , should i retake it again ? a doctor said to me that after varicocelectomy it can take time to pregnancy to happen from 6 months till 2 years.

before two weeks , i went to another doctor and i made an antisperm antibody test between me and my wife by taking blood samples from both of us , the result were  negative for my wife as the reference of the test was negative , but my results were positive

the doctor said its a normal case and that i should wait and advised me that if pregnancy didnt happen in the next 3 months i should start treatment with aspirin and cortisones without explaining why ??!!

i need an advise , should i wait or should i try this treatment ? is there another advice ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.