Almost there

Posted , 12 users are following.

Only one day of waiting left, at 5:30 tomorrow morning I check in to the hospital. My surgery is at 7:30. I'm a little nervous. My husband is a lot nervous. I get the advantage of getting to be knocked out for the 4 or 5 hours of surgery. He gets to walk the floors. I will wake up and begin my life as a hippie with two new "bionic" hips. One of my nieces laughed and said I will be the bionic woman, lol. I'very had my first germ killing shower last night with sheets washed on sanitize cycle in our washer. I have 2 more showers, tonight and tomorrow. Today I am going to fix a medicine box with my maintenance med school so I can keep track when I come home. Not sure if that will be Saturday or Sunday but I do know the date I can restart my RA med school, thank goodness. I want to be sure I start them again as soon as I can. I have discovered this weekend that those meds do help a lot. We have some meals in the freezer. Our house has been readied for my return. I will be packing my suitcase later today. I hope I have everything covered. Any suggestions from those of you who have been there?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rita.  You will be in good hands and your new lease of life will be amazing for you.  let people fuss around you & look after you.  Also, ask what aida are available to you as I found these invaluable.  Ray

• Posted

I wish you the very best Rita! You sound well prepared, and your husband sounds great. Take it easy afterwards, take all the meds that you are offered, and try to eat food that's going to help you avoid the dreaded constipation! Hope it all goes really well. I only had 1 hip done, but my recovery was v smooth. I'll be thinking of you xx

• Posted

I wish you the very best Rita! You sound well prepared, and your husband sounds great. Take it easy afterwards, take all the meds that you are offered, and try to eat food that's going to help you avoid the dreaded constipation! Hope it all goes really well. I only had 1 hip done, but my recovery was v smooth. I'll be thinking of you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.