Alopecia and or bacterial infection?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, a month ago I noticed pimples on my scalp and bald patches, scaring with slightly surpressed areas. I already do have heretitary baldness but do have a beard. In winter I usually wear a beanie, so noone including myself have noticed the condition, until I started noticing an itch and mild acne on my scalp. I went and saw 3 doctors, 1 said a fungal infection and prescribed me anti didn't cream, 1 said I have a bacterial infection and prescribed me medication, the other senior me to a dermatologist, which said I have Alopecia and mild acne. So the dermatologist gave me 8 steroid injection to the scalp and prescribed me a topical steroids cream. 1 month on it doesn't look to be getting any better, if not spreading. It's not so much the bald patches which is still a concern z it's more so the redness, acne and surpressed areas of the scalp. I am not sure what to do now as it seems I'm just getting passed on from one doctor to the next and I am starting to feel anxious depressed - please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand your frustration.

Alopecia and acne are both symptoms of PCOS. Have you got checked or treated for PCOS?

Minoxidil is a proven ingredient that works on alopecia. You might want to look into it. 

Good luck! 

• Posted

Hi thanks, pocs looks like it only affects females, also it is the back of my scalp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.