Alot of pressure in thoratic area. Has anyone ever experience this problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone had St. Jude SCS implant put in 2009 to treat nerve damage in right leg shortly after was developed lower back pains was put on Cymbalta Lortab and meloxicam. In 2016 battery started getting hard when charged and not lasting for a long time. First they said it was the cord then they advised me that I need to have another surgery changing the battery to a lifetime charge 2 battery and was given an iPod to control my SCS. Lately I have been experiencing a lot of pressure in thoracic area that was not there previously I have a lot of times when I have very sharp and off of pain in my right leg and sometime I can't hardly walk from the door of Walmart to the back of Walmart. When first st. Jude rep about this he said it wasn't the SCS. I am now seeing another spine Orthopaedic drs regarding pinched nerve and cervical spine possible pinched nerve in my shoulder and one of them advised me to remove the SCS. Going back to pain management doctor that first suggested SCS I'm going to the man that he look in that area to see what's going on never had this much pressure in that area before. Also feel like the stimulator is off most of the time. has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what did you find out? Sorry this was so long and thanks for any help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I meant to say the battery start getting hot
  • Posted

Vera hi, my name is Joy, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the problems you're having I'm sure you know the rep is not going to admit anything is wrong with your scs I'm not a Dr but do have a scs. My rep put one of my programs called the BURST in which for most part it will feel like It's off, every now and then I can feel a slight stimulation . Have you talked with your rep about that program maybe that's a possibility as to it feel like It's off. Best of luck with you and your other symptoms you are having. I feel you we do the scs for relief of pain not to add on other problems of extra pain my hope is that he have you on a program for burst. Myself I would have the battery checked it should not be getting hot, that could be a real problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.