Alpha1 Antitrypsin deficiency and Covid.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have a genetic alpha1 antitrypsin deficiency as well as a number of other health problems. At the start of the pandemic I was classified as clinically extremely vulnerable. To be honest I didn't really believe the government advise when they announced that it was safe to resume normal life again last year.

So I have been continuing to take a cautious approach to life (I am unable to work so that is not an issue). I would love to pretend it is all over but I see on the news that millions of people in the UK currently have COVID. So what is the advice for people like myself who have alpha1. I have been unable to find any information on any NHS website about COVID for alphas. The alpha1 page on this site was last updated in 2018.

I have had 3 does of the vaccine so far.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.