Alphagan P 0.1% side effect

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 81 years old and have been using Alphagan for many years but the past few days I've had a burning sensastion after instilling the drops in my eyes. It last only about 30-60 seconds. I thought it might be that my eyes are irritated or tired from computer or winter weather, dry air in apartment, etc.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not unusual. Has it kept your eye pressure down?
    • Posted

Thank you, but "What" is not unusual?

I just instilled Systane ( for my dry eyes) and that also had a burning sensation for about 15 seconds after I put it in.

I also take two other eye drops for glaucoma. My pressure is being maintained for past 30 years.

• Posted

I have been using various drops for the last 1.5 Years. Betopic 0.25% did not lower my pressure at alI. Co-Dorzal lowered my IOP from 23 to 12 each eye in one month's time but it reduced my heart rate to 50. Hence Travatan once a day was started instead which maintained my IOP 16 Lt eye and 18 Rt eye. Alphagan was prescribed,used for just 2 days but it lowered my BP, hence left. in 2 days time, I did not feel any other adverse effect with Alphagan.

For the last over 8 months, I am using travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day which are working reasonably well with IOP remaining 16 one eye and 18 other eye.

• Posted

Hi robert are you using meds that have preservatives? Only my daughter was using with presevatives and it was hurti g her eyes stinging. So the dr changed it to none preservatives. Maybe you should try. Hope this helps. Khadra.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.