Skip to content
Ad

Glaucoma

Also known as Eye - Glaucoma

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Narrow angle-glaucoma

Yesterday, my opthalmologist said he detect narrow angle but don't have glaucoma.  I'm planning  to have a cataract surgery in Feb to get rid off my glasses and he said, that surgery eill tske care of narrow angke-glaucoma.  My question is, should I wait until Feb to have the caract...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Narrow angle-glaucoma

Yesterday, my opthalmologist said he detect narrow angle but don't have glaucoma.  I'm planning  to have a cataract surgery in Feb to get rid off my glasses and he said, that surgery eill tske care of narrow angke-glaucoma.  My question is, should I wait until Feb to have the caract...

Posted
  • Glaucoma eye drops Azopt and Travatan

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma about 1.5 yrs  back. My eye sight was reasonable when diagnosed and it is alright even now with slight decrease. I have been using Glaucoma eye dropsTravatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last more than 12 months. There was no problem uptill...

Last reply
  • SLT procedure next week for Glaucoma

Hi everyone, i have glaucoma with some blindness in my right eye, which appears to be getting worse. My eye pressures are about 22 left eye and 24 right eye. My consultant has suggested an SLT procedure as the first course of action. I agreed but since reading some horror stories about this procedure...

Last reply
  • Cupping - Normal Eye Pressure

Hi all! I guess I am just looking for some information as to others peoples experiences.  I went to get my eyes checked for new glasses after two years and was told that I had some "cupping" in my left eye but my eye pressure was normal. My vision had also gotten worse in that...

Last reply
  • Reducing efficacy of Latanoprost

I have the impression that over a month Latanoprost becomes less effective: the side effects manifest themselves towards the end of the month but disappear with a new phial of the medication. Does anyone else experience this?

Last reply
  • Trabeculectomy glaucoma surgery, has anyone had one?

I had a trabeculectomy surgery in July 2016.  MIGS have not yet been approved for use in my country.  I have had an up and down experience with this surgery and would be interested in discussing post Trabeculectomy surgery experiences with other people.  I have wide angle glaucoma.

Last reply
  • Glaucoma

I was diagnosed early Glaucoma +early dry AMD in Oct, 2015 when I went for a normal check of my eyes. My eye sight was quite reasonable when diagnosed and it is still reasonable though slightly weaker which can also be due to my advanced age of 80+. I use Travatan once a day and Azopt twicw a day. My...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma patient + AMD suspect at 16

Hello. Last April 2017 I was diagnosed with glaucoma and that was a week after my graduation in Junior HS. When I was 10 I was only a glaucoma suspect meaning I am at high risk of developing the disease. My doctor gave me latanoprost eye drop. My IOP was controlled through the years but it increased...

Last reply
  • So scared

65 woman.  Just had annual eye check and was shocked when Optician at Boots said "no need for stronger prescription this time.  Your glaucoma has risen slightly".....Glauocoma...I never knew I had it.   He said "put it to the back of your mind and dont worry there are ops...

Last reply
  • Anyone had MLT micropulse laser for lowering IOP?

Have been on drops; know doc is considering a trab for me; have advanced open angle glaucoma, thin corneas, had corrective lasik done in '97; pressures run from 9-14 (use Richert 7CR tono meter)  heard about MLT - Micropulse Laser Therapy (by Iridex).   Has anyone had good success with...

Last reply
  • Variable elevated eye pressures

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? My IOP readings are all over the place ranging from 20-29. Recently I asked my optician to re check a reading of 24/23/23 left eye, 20/19/20 second eye. She reluctantly did the repeat 5mins later and was very surprised that my readings were 24/25/25...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma about 1.5 yrs  back. My eye sight was reasonable when diagnosed and it is quite alright even now. I have been using Glaucoma eye dropsTravatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 12 months. Recently for the last about 2 months, I have...

Last reply
  • Redness in eye

35 y/o. Had a retinal detachment that turned into glaucoma. Don't have sight in the eye. Using Azopt, Combigan, and Prednisolone twice a day. Had strabismus surgery a year ago to straighten the eye that was becoming lazy. Eye gets really red at times (mostly at night or if I don't get enough...

Posted
  • Diagnosed at 63 - advice / reassurance sought

Hi - I am a 63 year old male who is very active / fit. Just been diagnosed with low pressure closed angle glaucoma with a splinter haemmorhage and cupping. Been prescribed drops - advised that ther is a 80% chance they will stabilise the problem. Like many people this came as a shock and after searching...

Last reply
  • Imodium and Glaucoma

I suffer from mild IBS from time to time and occasionally take Imodium. Does anyone know if imodium is safe to take if you have Glaucoma or are a glaucoma suspect.  Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last reply
  • Glaucoma and alllergies

Hi I wonder if there is anyone with glaucoma who also suffers from hayfever or perrenial rhinitis.  I was diagnosed with perrenial rhinitis a couple of years a go and I coped ok with it.  Last year it got bad and my gp gave me a steroid nasal spray and anithistamine tablets. These worked well...

Last reply
  • travapost eye drops

hi can anyone tell me if they use Travopost eye drops the side effecs they are having, and how long you have been on them. Thank you.

Last reply
  • Cataract surgery despite advanced glaucoma?

I'm in my mid-60s and have extremely advanced glaucoma in both eyes.  My opthalmologist recently sent me for a consult with a cataract surgeon to discuss operations on both eyes (a month apart).  The surgeon said there was risk due to my advanced glaucoma and also due to my myopia.  But...

Last reply
  • Embedded stitch

Hi, I had a glaucoma op and at the same time had the cataract in the same eye fixed. I was told that one stitch was still in the eye and not to bother unless it was giving me problems???? On my last check-up I mentioned this and the Dr said that it would be difficult to remove as it was embedded in the...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma about 1.5 yrs  back. My eye sight was reasonable when diagnosed and it is quite alright even now. I have been using Glaucoma eye dropsTravatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 10 months. Recently I felt slight nasal congestion....

Last reply
  • Glaucoma eye drops Azopt

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma in Oct, 2015 when i went for a normal check up of my eyes. After various eye drops for Glaucoma, i settled down to Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 11 monhs. The Doc told me that I should also use Systane thrice a day to offset...

Last reply
  • Newly Diagnosed..

Hi I was just diagnosed with Angle Closure Glaucoma when being fitted for a new glasses prescription. However the optometrist did not reccomend any treatment and just said .." we will see you in 2 years" my vision and pressure was good he said. I would think I should follow up closer with...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed at 26

My son was diagnosed a few years ago.  He quit taking his eye drops for 5 months and his condition has gotten much worse.   Now his Left eye is in end stage.  And it says on the examination this for his left eye: 4+APD, and I wonder what this means.  I think it means there's...

Last reply
  • My daughter

Hi all as from my previous post, my 8 yr old who was diagnosed with Open angle glaucoma has been on her adopt meds n ganfort. The thing is this has lowered her preasures but she still gets eye pain. The doc said this is due to her eyes being dry n the pain is coming from tiny ulcers inside the eye....

Last reply
  • Alphagan P 0.1% side effect

I'm 81 years old and have been using Alphagan for many years but the past few days I've had a burning sensastion after instilling the drops in my eyes. It last only about 30-60 seconds. I thought it might be that my eyes are irritated or tired from computer or winter weather, dry air in apartment,...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma at 24 years old

Hi there. I was diagnosed with glaucoma the beginning of the year. I am a white Caucasian male. 24 years of age. The doctor says I have low tension glaucoma. And pigmentary dispression. Possibly pigmentary glaucoma. He did the in office laser on both eyes. Also the visual field test came out normal and...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma use of Azopt

I have been presently using Azopt + Travatan for about 3 months. With this as a side effect, I feel unstable/ heavy head/ feeling of being unwell. As far, Travatan is concerned, I had earlier used it as the only eye drops for about 2 months but my IOP did not come down considerably 18 each eye hence...

Last reply
  • Glaucoma

I was diagnosed early Glaucoma and early dry AMD in Oct, 2015. The Doc remarked at that time that my Retina is thin. Then he prescribed some eye vitamins for AMD and further said that I should start using eye drops for Glaucoma. I have the impression that one is possiby at risk of Glaucoma when the retina...

Last reply
  • Tube implant

Hi,My consultant has talked to me about having this done, but not told me I must have it, but he says it will help to preserve my sight.  I have had a trabulectomy...does that wear out and that's why you have to have this tube implant? just wondering if anyone has has this done?  How long...

Last reply
  • Joag

Hi all my daughter who is 8 was diagnosed with juvenile open angle glaucoma. Her preasures were 38 n 34. After using her drops it has gone down to 12 n 23 in the last 4 months. Am worried as she is so young. Anyo e ever gone through this i would appreciate your feedback thank u

Last reply
  • Glaucoma & driving

Hi I was diagnosed with angle closure glaucoma last year at 24yrs old. I had trabeculotomy surgery 4 month ago, and thankfully it went successful. I'm off all medication. I informed the dvla about my situation, my question is did anyone else go through the dvla situation and how long did the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.