Brown Irides (irises)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, After an eye test in March, my eyes were found to have cataracts, glaucoma and pressure of around 22?? The hospital eye clinic advised me to go ahead with iridotomies on both eyes. My worry is I have dark brown irises - these are thicker than blue eyes so will need more laser zaps. I know I am acting like a baby and didn't like the initial exam with the slit lamp and then the lens put onto my eye.

Because a forthcoming holiday is nigh, I have put it off until later in the year in case of any side effects.

Some people get double vision, blurring, halos, lines etc, after treatment, therefore I am extremely worried about going ahead anyway. Plus the holes may grow over and having to undergo more lasering. If someone could put my mind at rest, I would be most grateful. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've had slt laser and it didn't hurt at all I believe the lti is a similar procedure you'll have a lens pressed against your eye but it's not painful you'll have slight discomfort afterwards but it won't last more than a couple of hours. I didn't feel the laser at all.

• Posted

Hello Phil, Thanks for your reply. I read lots of blogs - some say it's a piece of cake, others go through hell. Just concerned that having brown eyes, I may be under the laser longer than my blue eyed cousins. Hope I don't get a panic attack - I'm feeling queasy just writing this.

• Posted

I had a full on panic attack just before, I think my first ever, however it really was all in the head hope all goes well for you

• Posted

Hello again Phil

Thanks for your support. At least I have a few months to mull things over - I know lavender is supposed to calm you, so I'll take a cologne-soaked hanky with me and trust it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.