Glaucoma shunt-tube surgery recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

After many different procedures is now recommended I go in for tube surgery

Has anyone had the surgery and what is to be expected during post op recovery

understand recovery could take 6 to 8 weeks or longer.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a tube placed in right eye in mid September and after 8 weeks they put me back on the drops because the Iris was blocking tube. I have put off tube in left eye.

• Posted

Santana8, did you have the tube surgery? I had Hydrus microstent in left eye at the same time as cataract surgery (Technis toric monofocal lens, Endoscopic CycloPhotocoagulation and laser incision to the cornea (for astigmatism). 10 year history of glaucoma - stent and ECP to reduce pressure as I'm on max. meds. A tiny amount of blood clogged the stent and my eye pressure went high enough to block my vision (I'd never had that happen so thought the blockage was a physical blockage/impenetrable cloud. Had to take a diuretic pill specifically for IOP with terrible, debilitating side effects, for 2 weeks, but it worked. I'm 6 weeks post-op: Blood has gradually resorbed and my pressure is lower than it's every been; hope to decrease meds soon. That said, all that activity in such a small area left me with hundreds of floaters, new lens still flickers out to the side multiple times a day and I'm scared pea green to have the other eye done because I can't have both eyes out of commission at the same time. Still, my near vision from the new lens is awesomely good even though on waking lights are too bright and darks too dark and text is blurred for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.