Alprazolam Every Day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is Anyone taking Alprazolam - 0.25 mg, 3 times per day, every day? I am taking it with Duloxetine. Alprazolam is for as needed, but I need it everyday. I have been taking it for 6 months.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy, what was the reason you were prescribed alprazolam ?

I was taking diazepam daily for 7 years, started off with alprazolam 1mg daily and 1mg ativan at night. these benzo/ tranquilizers, sleep drugs should only be prescribed for short term use, 2 to 3 weeks or you WILL become dependent/addicted to them, worse yet you will grow tolerant to the effects and go through hellish withdrawal, tolerance withdrawals, if you haven't already. I'm going through a terrible time quitting with a rapid taper, it affects your life in so many negative ways, sick all the time.

These drugs aren't safe for long term use,try do some research about the risks involved.

Regards

• Posted

I was advised amatriptiline was not addictive? I am taking it instead of zopiclone but it is not any good good for my sleep pattern

• Posted

I have severe Anxiety Disorders. My anxiety is 24/7. I was described Duloxetine and Alprazolam. Alprazolam is 3 times per day, as needed. I asked my doctor I need it everyday, can I take everyday. He said that is ok. But, I need to reduce or stop when I feel good enough.

• Posted

It does help with anxiety in the short term imo. Its good to reduce and stop when you feel Better. People do react differently to these drugs, so you may be just fine, try slow down when you feel better. Ask if your doctor will help with a taper plan when you decide to stop. Continue to take the snri for now.

I'm no doctor but I certainly understand benzodiazepines.

go well

• Posted

Thank you. I want to tapper off, but I can't do it now because I still have anxiety often during a day, it prevents me to work.

Why do you take benzo for 7 years and stop them?

• Posted

Here in the U.S. many doctors are no longer willing to prescribe them. I am on alprazolam/Xanax,despite how they help me, am being forced to stop. The med worked great,that being said if I had truly realised what I am facing now with having to quit,I never would have taken them,at least not daily. Back than they thought nothing of prescribing them for long term use. I've taken them 10 years. I hate to be a downer,but anxiety can stay a life time. Try other ways to cope,wishing you the best.

• Posted

can I ask why a rapid taper? I'm doing a slow taper,but that's not so hot either as I am obsessing about the actual withdrawal. If I don't focus on it,I'm okay,but since having been forced to stop,I'm having anxiety attacks only about the med.

• Posted

I've tapered off almost 1 MG from 2. I've done so over 2 months,so far,I've had very few side affects,some nervousness,a few hot flashs,but that could be from hormones,I'm menopausal. At first I had some insomnia,but that was mostly from worry after reading horror story's on line about withdrawal,I had panic attacks from that. However when I am in public,so far,no panic attacks,so think it was just fear.

• Posted

my doctor would like me to start a antidepressant to deal with anxiety while I'm tapering,plus I had anxiety to begin with. So probably would help anxiety that I had before taking the alprasolam.

• Posted

Did you take Alprazolam every day for 10 years? There is no hurry for me to taper off. When I feel not to need Alprazolam, I should not take it. I am allowed 3 pill 0.25 mg per day. I am taking Duloxetine and Latuda, too. My anxiety was very bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.