Alprazolam (Xanax) Advise Please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone got any experience of Xanax as an anti anxiolytic such as is it taken regular or as and when, average dose and is it any good? 

Im currently taking buspirone, Venlefaxine and propranalol and thinking of discussing switching either propranalol or buspirone to Xanax as an alternative depending on how I get on over next week or so.

Any additional info appreciated.

neil 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take ativan 0.5mg and 5 mg of buspirone 3 times a day.. I'm seeing some progress with this.. Xanax is just like ativan.. Try the combo of buspirone and xanax. What mg are your meds? 
    • Posted

Buspirone dose is 10mg 3 times a day Tonya, been on that dose for 6 weeks but I still get anxiety symptoms throughout the day everyday, I'm not sure if up to full effect or need to up the dose or try something else. 

• Posted

I take my ativan 3 times a day also.. If you take the xanax and buspirone you will see a difference.. 
    • Posted

I've tried paxil,wellbutrin, Prozac and hated the side effects.. Do you have any side effects from the buspirone? My vision gets blurry for a Lil bit after taking it.. 
    • Posted

I'm a bit reluctant on Ativan as it's very potent and highly addictive, I do have some diazepam to take as and when which is a similar benzo. 

Xanax isn't as potent or as addictive as above.

no side effects noted from buspar. 

• Posted

The answer is "YES" to the Xanax...It is very effective for anxiety!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.