Already feeling the heat from the Opioid police

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a very good working team relationship with my pmp doc. But last month my doc told me he's been warned that the state is really coming down on especially pain management docs about fentanyl. Now what ticks me off is I've never had an off UA wrong med count. Etc. Yet these people who don't even know me decide for me that this is not right. I'm now going to quit looking for work and filing for disability. I was on 100mcgh every 48 hrs. For 7 years. Mallinckrodts. Well on average I lose 3 a month. Within the first day with a tagaderm on. I just can't seem to find a spot where they fit correctly. But instead of moving me down to 75mcgh he did 100 @72 hrs. Well with my memory problems it messed everything up. I lost 3 patches and accidentally changes 3 patches 1 day early. So with my last few patches I cut them in half. Then into quarters. I've been off the patch for 5 days now. I have my oxycodone but it's not helping much. I hope I can make it through the weekend and my next apt is Monday.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Tried morphine sulphate? It's good, better than Oxy for pain I found. Fentanyl patches are tricky, get it wrong and the sticky starts coming off, then it hardly sticks and is ruined.

Good luck until Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.