Already have TAA, said I didn't have PFO and now I might. Also have ASA.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone have PFO with ascending aortic aneurysm? Anyone have PFO repaired either via umbrella or open surgery?  

Also, who can tell me about their experience with septal atrial aneurysm?

I have appt to confirm growth of TAA and results from bubble test next week. 

More scared than ever now. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't have any experience, but I wish you all the best. Try to control your fear. Keep yourself as busy as you can. Every surgery can be stressful, causing fear...but when it involves your heart or your brain, I think that fear is intensified because we know we need both, and any disfunction could be incredibly difficult to handle.

Be well.

• Posted

I had the bubble test with my echo and it confirmed I do have Patent Foramen Ovale in addition to atrial septal aneurysm and existing ascending aortic aneurysm. Crap!  Just when I was accepting the existing aneurysm, this added to my fear of stroke. My mom died a horrible death from a stroke just  a few years ago 

Anyone have these three things together and migraines with aura? 

Feeling scared. 

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear this Ann! I can only imagine what you must be going through, especially knowing how your mom died.

My grandson was born with a hole in his heart, and they repaired it when he was about 6 months old. You would never know the little guy ever had a heart problem.

Please keep strong, try to limit your stress (I know how hard that can be). I am sending you a private message with some information that I hope will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.