ALS, Parkinson’s, MS or anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there,

My name is Vivien and I'm 15 years old. My symptoms started about 3 and a half months ago. I was sick and after i started to get better it went worse.

my legs were weak and after copious google searches i figured i had diabetes.

that came out negative, but soon after i started to get tingling feeling in my legs (knees and under) if i was sitting still. Long story short went to the ER to a neurologist he did a physical exam and said nothing stood out to him.

About a week later I went to another neurologist - also performed a physical exam said everything was fine and sent me to get a nerve function test and EMG.

Around this time the tingling turned into a sense of internal vibrations (especially in my thighs).

During the EMG the doctor inserted the needles only knees and below.

I also had a brain MRI for MS that came out fine as well.

I’ve recently read about Parkinson’s and ever since I’ve developed a hand tremor (that apparently no one else can see) and on and off constipation along with frequent urination.

I’m worried that if i had a problem the EMG didn’t catch it as the neurologist only did knees and below. I’m also worried that since there’s no actual procedure to diagnose Parkinson’s it’ll go unnoticed.

Im also worried about ALS and MS even though i had an MRI done, among many other things..

I’m feeling helpless, I feel like I’m becoming a burden to everyone around me. I know that the doctors i go to are trained and know what they’re doing but I still question it for some reason. Should i go to the neurologist again? When i went before I wasn't experiencing any other symptoms apart from the sensations in the legs. I’m worried he’s not going to want to do another EMG..

anyone else experiencing symptoms like these due to anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hii vivien good to know i am not alone who experience these symptoms, i too feel these tingling sensation and sometimes vibration in my thighs and legs, I don't know what it is but i have many anxiety problm and i was in depression too few months ago. I feel

• Posted

hello, i just typed you out a whole reassuring reply but the website decided not to allow it.

the short of it is if your EMG came back "clean", your likelyhood of ALS is zero.

parkinsons can also be detected by EMG, and at your age the odds are also zero.

maybe its MS, but if the MRI saw nothing, thats also highly unlikely.

the human body does weird things and aging involves feeling new, weird things that dont make sense but are harmless.

there are lots of reasons for feelings of vibrations, which often includes "just because". I have them myself.

if you show no signs of worsening or dysfunction then theres nothing to worry about.

• Posted

I do think that these are all symptoms of anxiety. Brain waves and function is possibly causing all these issues and it stems from side effects of anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.