ALT ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My ALT is 64 AST 24, my skin is itching on and off . My doctor wants to do more blood work. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How high is my ALT? Is it slightly elevated or high?I've been reading different post were someone says their ALT is 3,000 I went to my doctor because I was having cramping and diarhea mainly after eating greasy foods, heartburn, acid reflux. She gave me dicyclomine, which has helped. She wants to do a liver function test. I have dry skin but lately it's been more than normal.

• Posted

Why does she want to do more blood test? What is she looking for? Thank you
  • Posted

Elevated a reasonable amount, but it really depends on what has caused it.

Your doctor wants to do more tests to find out what the problem is. She is probably looking for the answer, which she doesn't know, hence the need for tests.

Your liver is just as important as your heart and brain, it controls many functions of the body.

• Posted

I'm just confused I have read so much information the last couple of days. I think she did the live function test already, that is how I received the ALT information.

• Posted

There is a basic LFT and then there are indepth LFTs that look beyond the standard results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.