ALT and vitamin D

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a blood test. ALT is 74 and my vitamins d 25 hydroxy is 11. Can anyone shed some light on what this may mean? Has anyone has anything similar?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had full bloods done about 4 months ago and all OK except vit D which was extremely low 3, I was put on v high vit D daily and retested 3 months later, my alt levels about same as your and they now consider alt to be more bone related than liver so we are going to test again after 3 months and re MRI hip to see if actual healing taking place. Your levels of alt are not too high 40 being the norm, do you have arthritis
    • Posted

No but I do have swelling in feet and in my fingers. My body is very achy. 
    • Posted

You could possibly have arthritis then, is it ankles swelling or actual joints same as hands, go back to DR's and get him to test for rheumatoid factor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.