ALT HIGH!!! Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've recently been suffering from anxiety and depression. 9 months ago, I had a blood test taken where everything was normal. My anxiety then went away and everything was okay. Couple days ago, I had another blood test and my ALT was high (68). It was 53 in january of this year. I was put on antidepressants for two months and then stopped and im back on it again. Could this have caused the elevation in numbers? Please help im worried!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello! dont worry 68 is not even that high! About 6 months ago mine were in the mid 100s and i was freaking out! I made then do all kinds of tests and everything came back fine! I also have very bad anxiety! Mine go up when i gain weight as soon as i lose a little weight they go back down! Im not sure if u r a heavy person or not but that coupd b a reason or if u were recently out having a few drinks or even a med cam do it! Im nervous because i go for bloodwork on the 1st again and ive put on about 10 pounds! I may reschedule just because i kno they will b a little high again n then i will b all stressed out! I need to lose the 10 pounds first! Mine go up and down but i had a full liver panel done and a ct scan and everything was fine! I know its hard but try not to worry to much! ♥

• Posted

Thank you so much for this! I feel a lot better. I was a skinny guy my whole life until this year when i was diagnosed with gad and put on amitriptyline for 2 months. I gained 30 pounds and now I weigh 160. I'm 21 and 5'6. Anyways, I am on my way to losing weight and hope this number comes down. Good luck with your bloodwork! I'm sure you'll be fine 😃)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.