Second time test Results:July 19 2017

ALT : 67

AST : 37

GGT! : 40 

Hepatitis A Serology:

Procedure HAV IgM-Nonreactive

Hepatitis B Serology:

Procedure HBV Surface Ag-Nonreactive.

I did not have a habit of drinking.May  I know the cause of reason and is it curable

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Bad diet such as fast food and soda can cause elevated enzymes. With diet change it will resolve.
    • Posted

While it's true bad diet contributes to fatty liver which can raise liver enzymes, there are also many other reasons so it's not wise to tell the poster that if they change their diet their enzymes will return to normal.

Only way to know the cause is to follow up with the Dr..... maybe request an ultrasound..

• Posted

Changing your diet is beneficial and a clean diet is good for your liver as is excersise if your able. You can do these things while your Dr investigates the cause of your elevated enzymes.
  • Posted

I did my UtraSound:

Impression:

Mild diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver with focal fatty sparing near the gallbladder fossa.No other abnormality seen.

My doctor did not gave any medicine. Just he said maintain good diet and exercise.

Can any one please tell, what type of food i need to eat more to reduse fat to my liver and what are all the food i need to avoid.

• Posted

Unfortunately there is no medication your Dr can give you to cure a fatty liver but the good news is fatty liver is reversible and to get to that point you need to eat healthy and exercise. Stay away from sugars, simple carbs, fried foods, fatty foods etc. It's important that you keep a good diet. Avoid alcohol and excersise at least 30 mins a day. You can talk to your Dr about taking 800 IU of vitamin E per day. Studies have shown it's beneficial for fatty liver and my heptaologist recommended this regime for me. Make sure you speak to you Dr about it first though..

I would also ask for a referral to a gastro with knowledge of the liver or a heptaologist and let them follow you during your journey. It's been my experience regular primary care Drs aren't very knowledgeable when it comes to the liver...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.