ALT levels

Posted , 4 users are following.

what are considered normal limits?   Mind came back st 56

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

10 - 50 are the normal limits in the UK. Other countries might have different 'normal' limits.

• Posted

ALT 7-56 per per litre units

AST 10-40 per litre units

My last text in March showed mine in the 20's for each.

My ALT was running in the 70's.

• Posted

Thank you that is very reassuring!     
    • Posted

Did you change your diet to reduce ALT levels?
    • Posted

I stopped drinking all alcohol, everything. Started drinking a lot of water, taking milk bristle every day 1,000 mg. Twice a day and getting out side and enjoying my day. As for food I have no special diet. And to be truthfully honest I Thank God for every morning being able to stand and for healing my body. Telling him and having Faith that He Has He has healed me. Six years ago I was told if I didn't doing something about my life I would not be here.So I changed my mind set on being healed and started loving my inner self. Read as much as you can on what's going on with your liver, but don't let all the negative things get to you. It will make you depressed. Think positive about it all.

• Posted

Hi thank you for that. I just went back to dr because was worried.  He told me not to worry and could drink within normal recommended limits with 2 consecutive days off.  Going  back in 4 weeks for a re test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.