Alt levels increasing, cancer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 26 female. Overweight.

My symptoms all started with a change in my bowel habit including blood and pain in lower abdomen then pain in my liver area pale stools nausea acid reflux booked for colonoscopy and upper Abdominal ultrasound

Had a feacal occult test negative 30.12.16

blood test done 25.05.16 shows ALT 49u/l AST 32u/l GGT 43u/l ESR 39 ferritin 178 iron 7.1 haemoglobin 144

blood test done 28.12.16 ALT 68u/l AST 39u/l GGT 47u/l ESR 33 ferritin 161 iron 9.9 haemoglobin 147

it says consistent with mild hepatocellular damage.

Is this a strong indication of cancer or could it be caused by fatty liver? Anything less sinister?

I'm so worried I'm a mother on a little girl I can't stand the thought that I won't be here for her

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i have a fatty liver to im 55yrs old had gallbladder out on 21st dec 2016 awaiting on results of a fibroscan that i had done in dec 2016 had 5 blood tests all for different things i know its easy to say try not to worry stay positive use your gp & any other medical help around you keep in touch let us know how things go for you ...

• Posted

Hi Mel15596

Sending you positive vibes and please keep us updated on your test results, I wish I could be more help.

3kidzandagoat

• Posted

Thank you 😊

I get my ultrasound results tomorrow I'm really nervous I just hope there is nothing wrong.

• Posted

goodluck mel hope all goes well im sure it be okay let us all know how it goes tomoro be thinking of you smile

• Posted

I got my ultrasound results back everything is normal except fatty liver, I'm super relieved that nothing has come up but still at square one to figure out why I'm in pain. But very happy with my results

• Posted

wow Mel thats not bad seems like some people do have a fatty liver i do ive just been told to change my diet more veg especially with greens organic same with fruit i dont drink or smoke eat more fish leave red meat to once a month turkey & chicken good hope your getting on ok

• Posted

Yes thank you I'm happy about my results, the doctor said to take omega 3 and to drop a few kilos. Unfortunately I'm still having issues with my bowel (bleeding & a few other things) it seems my abdominal pain seems to be related to that.

• Posted

glad its getting sorted out always go back back to your gp if your unhappy about anything dont sit worrying wish you well Mel smile

• Posted

Hi Mel15596

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated. 

3kidzandagoat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.