Alternating daily dosage of levothyroxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi...

Because I am bordering on being overmedicated by my daily dosage of 125mcg levothyroxine, we are trying alternate days of 125mcg and 100mcg (as there is no current dosage of 113mcg which we would ideally like)

So far so good.... has anyone else got experience of alternating dosage levels?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry, i don’t have experience about changing doses, in fact i don’t have much experience at all. My son was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at birth (3 Weeks ago) and had a scan the other day that showed he was born without a gland.

He is on 3.5mg at the moment and has been re tested at GOSH. Seems that his thyroxin levels are now spot on.

What me and the wife are after is anyone with experience of this condition that might be able to shed some light on any affects it may have and anything we should expect in the next coming months/years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

• Posted

i was on an alternating dose of 50mcg then 75mcg for 3 months as i too was close to going over the correct tsh level. it works fine, just a pain trying to remember the right dose for the right day!!
  • Posted

Hi, I am also on a alternating daily dose of 150/175, I to found it hard to remember which dose to take, on which day, then I got a pill dispencer, that has compartments for each day. I replenish it once a week, so no more wondering if I am on the right dose/day. But I feel as though my body is having trouble accepting the alternating dose.
  • Posted

I'm afraid it didn't work for me to alternate doses. I am much better on a constant dose.

I do agree with you about those wonderful pill dispensers though aiding your memory - I couldn't do without mine.

• Posted

I guess that all I can hope for, is that my next 'bt'

will allow me to go on a single dose.

As I dont think I will ever adapt to this alternating one

• Posted

How long have you been trying it, vanguard?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.