Alternative medication

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 47 years of age and have terrible sweats during the day and night. I have tried without anything but can’t do it anymore. Can anyone recommend an alternative route rather than HRT. I know Black Kohosh is supposed to be good but apparently it can effect oestrogen hormones which worries me as I have endometriosis that is under control right now.

aabb

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi aabb- try Maca Root and Starflower Oil. My partner has seen massive improvements in hormonal balance only one month in since she started taking 2 each of these a day. Good luck 😀

• Posted

Is Maca effecting her weight in any way?  I was nervous about trying it due to weight gain which I don't want.

• Posted

Hi Kelly - it hasn't affected her weight in any way whatsoever. It's like a little capsule of bloody miracle powder, honestly. I did so much research before she started taking it. Women who live where Maca grows don't suffer a single symptom of Menopause. Let's all move there!!

• Posted

Thank you for your comments. I do take starflower oil which definitely helps breast pain but I will look into Maca.

aabb

• Posted

Hi aabb

I've not used it myself yet but FXMenopause is an all natural nutritional  supplement you can buy online, has had great reviews, thinking of trying it myself, alternatively you could try B6 and B12 vitamins, they help, energy levels, flushes, and other symptoms relating to menopause.

Hope this helps.

Lou

• Posted

Hi AABB, 

I was told by a lady that celery stopped her sweats.  You have to eat it every day. Good luck with it! x

• Posted

Maca is definitely an excellent way to help with the sweats, it won't cause weight gain either, but if you're still not sure, there's always Sage which is also excellent for stopping sweats. Black cohosh, didn't work for me after taking it for 2 months but Sage worked like a miracle and so did Maca. 

• Posted

Hi Aabb, it's widely accepted that endometriosis is caused by too much oestrogen. Plant hormones taken in diet (rather than in supplements, which is why Black Kohosh might not be good) can reduce the amount of oestrogen in your body. It does this by  getting on our oestrogen receptors and offering a weak dose. So the dietary route might be good for you if you want to avoid HRT. There are books that show how to do this by diet and books on how you can grow your own HRT in the form of sprouted foods (rich in plant hormones) and add them to whatever else you are eating (some sprouted foods also contain high amounts of plant progesterone too, so especially good.) Sadly soya (known for being high in plant oestrogen) processed in Western ways is also not good although traditional japanese type soya that is fermented for six months is. 

Good luck, it's always worth trying something else before getting on artificial hormones. 

• Posted

True about soya, but tempeh I hear from other Japanese women in the States, is the equivalent to the soya. But i hear that Tempeh has an acquired taste you need to get use to. Tempeh is the replacement for the soya. I tried tempeh once I couldn't handle the taste but since all taste buds are different maybe other women might be better at accepting its acquired taste.

• Posted

Yes, the Japanese form of tempeh is fermented for 6 months, and I think some Western companies are trying to do that now. The other place the Japanese get hormones from are sprouted mung beans and alfalfa, these are much better sources and  you can grow them at home, (but they don't have no marketing behind them as soya does). It's basically like you growing your own HRT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.