Alternative medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am currently going through the menopause.. (I think)periods all over the place...I do nothing but cry...I'm snapping at people, then I feel bad and cry because I'm not usually a nasty person...i am feeling so low and fatigued all the time...

Can anybody recommend anything..

I've been recommended "Ashwaghanda".. I've googled it, but was wondering if anybody has or is taking it.....😧...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Had very similar symptoms through Peri menopause. My moods were the worst part. Crying constantly with anger, frustration and obsessive thinking. I thought i was going crazy. The problem for me is when my estrogen rises as my body can't handle even the tiniest bit too much estrogen. I used DIM on its own for a long time and it helps but once my hormones were too badly out of balance I started bio identical hormones plus DIM to get them balanced properly again. Its been a slow process but I'm feeling good again with a few little ups and downs. Hopefully this helps a little bit.

• Posted

Dim is a natural supplement that helps estrogen to be broken down after our body uses it. If it isn't broken down properly we end up with estrogen dominance which is what causes a lot of our hormone problems. I've used it on and off for a number of years and can definitely feel the difference when I use it. If you Google dim for women there's some really good information out there. Its very good for men too as they get a little older and their estrogen rises.

• Posted

I take ashwagandha along with a few other things that my doctor prescribed me in a tincture. My moods are very stable now. I do still get slight irritable phases but nowhere near as crazy as before. I was a nightmare to live with. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.