Alternative therapies

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, has anyone used FX- menopause as recommended by Dr Chris Steele from ITVs This Morning programme?

TIA

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No, sorry. I took Pueraria mirifica, a herb that contains high concentrations of various phytoestrogens. I am nit sure it made a lot If difference. I stopped taking it because my gp advised that it was dangerous to take such sources of oestrogen, the effects if which have not been properly studied, without balancing it out with progesterone. Taking oestrogen only can increase the thickness if the lining if the womb which pits you at risk of uterine cancer.

• Posted

Hi, I have had a hysterectomy last cannot take regular hrt as I have a blood clot. Found the FX menopause just searching on internet and it has a lot of research and testing done on it. Seems to look ok from what I read, but every one reacts differently I imagine. Good to hear of your experience, thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Research it better before you decide to take it. I am not sure you can use plant based oestrogen either if you have blood clots.
    • Posted

I am going to contact them first to ask advice before buying anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.