Alternative to Denosumab??

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis for 5 years now t scores -4:3 and -3:7. I was not happy to take alendronic acid as I have gut problems and tend to be allergic to lots of things so have managed to keep t scores same for 5 years with diet supplements and exercise. However in last scan there was vertebral wedging so consultant wants me to take Denosumab injections . I almost agreed then looked up side effects and have decided not to-i have another appointment at end of month with the consultant - not sure what I can say to her any suggestions for alternatives/ experience of Denosumab? 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have just come off the Alendronic Acid and am awaiting the results of a scan before a decision is made about proceeding with any other treatment recommendations.  I'll keep you updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.