Alternative treatments

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I wanted to hear about others people's experience with alternative treatments for frozen shoulder.

2 years ago following an injury I had surgery to remove damaged cartilage out of my glenoid cavity leaving me with stage 4 osteoarthritis. Shorty after this surgery my shoulder began to freeze up. I had countless physio sessions, cortisol injections and then finally a year ago had capsular release surgery to try to 'fix it'. Unfortunately this did not make the huge difference I was expecting and therefore continued to have a further 3 cortisol injections (which were very effective but short lived). After the last few injections I regained a reasonable amount of range and a significant decrease in pain. I have been told by my surgeon that this indicates that the pain is due to inflammation as oppose to the underlying arthritis.

I am now told that I can only have 1 more injection which I feel is almost pointless as they don't last very long.

I am a very active 36 year old Personal Trainer and this is obviously affecting my work. I really struggle to sleep even with Naproxen and am becoming increasingly frustrated. I have recently started a course of electroaccupuncture but I'm yet to see a difference. My shoulder is the worst it's been despite it being nearly 2 years since it froze so I have lost confidence in it 'just going away on its own' as common advice suggests.

I wondered if anyone has had any success with any other alternative therapies?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.