Alternative treatments for anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried laser treatment for GAD and does it work? Lately I've tried subliminal background music that claims it rewrires the brain. 

please let me know what you have tried and if it worked or not.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would think that couldn't work, our brains aren't so easily rewired, rewiring is a term used to mean your trained to think and behave in more helpful ways. Sure music can help some people relax, but there's no rewiring going on, that just can't happen

• Posted

The way I am helping decrease anxiety is by reprogramming my brain. There is a,great book that spends a,lot of time explaining how the brain causes anxiety and anxiety attacks.

When I feel the slightest symptom of anxiety I tell myself, "that's nothing". I have repeated no, no, no etc. you are not real but just trying to trick me.

Other things like that. It is working for me so far.

If my heart beats hard, I say " my heart is strong! Now I'll do my breathing and slow it down.

The book I was talking about is 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques.

• Posted

Look up binaural beats. There are different frequencies to gain different responses (relaxation, meditation, lucid dreaming, astral projection etc.) Many times it is accompanied by relaxing music or background noises. It's theory is that it changes our brainwaves in order to enter a different level of functioning. Personally, I think they work pretty well.

• Posted

There are books on self help for sufferers

I personally do not know about these clais, your GP may have some information and be able to push you in the right direction

Let us know how you get on

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

You have to learn how to think differently. How you approach a problem or,life. Its more of retraining yourself then rewiring. Breaking a bad habit, but it's really bad. If you go about life thinking the same way, doing the same things, same routines, same actions nothing will change. Taking a pill can get you thru a rough patch but either way you will have to change. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.