Altoimmune Pancreatitis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have autoimmune pancreatitis, in which other organs are affected too? I get colitis, chronic pain, and other health issues too. Som times, I just feel like giving up, but would really like to win this battle.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been getting pancreatitis since I was 14. I had my gallbladder removed over the summer, but the biopsy said it was just enlarged.

I am going in next month to have a colonoscopy to diagnose colitis. I have other health issues like endometriosis, and hypothyroidism (other autoimmune disorders).

Did your doctor diagnosis your pancreatitis as the sole cause of your other health issues? Or I'm wondering if the multiple autoimmune disorders are caused by one particular problem.

• Posted

Alexis, thank you for replying so quickly.

My Doctor doesn't yet know if it is the sole cause yet. I still have to get an eus test.  My autoimmune blood test was pretty high. There is so much that they just don't know for sure about the autoimmune diseases.

It is almost like a puzzle.

Good luck with your colonoscopy.

• Posted

I too have had colitis gallbladder issues today my doctor told me my issues where coming from Crohn's disease also autoimmune disease which has called pancreatitis etc will start treatment after gallbladder is took out next week

• Posted

Jimmy, 

Hope your surgery goes well. Let us know how everything goes and what your doctor does about your pancreas.

Wishing you Christmas blessings.

• Posted

Please dont give up I have cp and a number of other complaints and also feel I cant live like this its hard to eplain to anyone what your going through as I haven't met anyone close to me who has experienced it so wouldn't get it I am new to this discussion thing but I think there are people who are in these discussions who have the same and worse than me even though I didnt think t possible I have just been prescribed creon but im scared as there is so many conflicting stories out there im going to try it though hopefully it won't make it worse we just have to try to make the most of any time the pain killers work

• Posted

Dear Hannah,

Thanks for responding.  I do hope that the enzymes work for you. You are so right about making the most of the time allotted by the meds.  Most people don't understand how rushed we are to try to get just the necessities done.

Let me know how you do on the creon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.