Always COLD then takes hours to warm up?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I know this isn't the right sight for this question and to be honest I wouldn't know which site to go onto?!!.

here goes: I'm concerned about mt partner he is 38 quite big built and works outdoors, anyway he sits in the house with a hat and his jacket on saying he's cold?. We're living in a new build and the house isn't cold it's lovely and cosy, no one else in the house is cold just him!. I have tried googling this and come to a dead end?!!. Has anyone got any inclination as to what is up with him? It has to be somthing. Even now as I'm writing this he's on his computer yep with a hat and coat on? I'm sitting here with jeans and a t-shirt on no it's not cold it's lovely any ideas please?. It's bugging me this is?!!. Thanks ladies!!.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Is this a wind up ? Lol
    • Posted

NO it's not a wind HONEST. I'm really concerned it takes hours for him to eventually warm up. I know it's got really cold lately, BUT a jacket and hat in the house?. Even now he still cold? I'm not. And I'm really concerned?.
    • Posted

If he works outdoors he probably gets the cold in his bones and takes awhile to warm up Hun
  • Posted

Hi Michelle

I would get him to see his GP and explain what is going on, as you said something isnt right for him to be cold all the time.

Could be a vitamin deficiency B12 maybe, - Found this might help:

When the body is deficient in vitamin B12, a condition known as pernicious anemia, it can't make healthy red blood cells that are needed to carry oxygen throughout your body, and the result is coldness in your hands and feet and a general intolerance to cold temperatures.

Hope this makes sense might be work a try?

• Posted

Hi Michelle 

this is how i feel at times cold shivery have you had your iron checked out or your thyroid you should have it checked out 

• Posted

is he by chance a drinker? 

my sister is going through this but she has a fatty liver which causes he to be cold all the time her liver is not fuctioning proper or filtering in the right way or maybe he has low blood count it can be a number of things maybe he should go get checked out blood test perhaps good luck 

• Posted

I have a fatty liver due to my weight but since i lost weight it has gone down a lot. I also have low thyroid myself and i feel cold at times then hot then cold 
  • Posted

Could it be his thyroid underperforming? Have a look at the symptoms.
  • Posted

I would say he is probably anemic.  i used to be anemic and could wear a sweater in the summer.  You just can't seem to get warm.  Have his doctor check to see if he is anemic. 
  • Posted

Thankyou soooooooo much ladies for your lovely kind helpful advice of you all Monique93857: no is isn't a drinker ( fact he very rarely drinks alcohol at all) he's a cup tea bloke!!!!!!. Silly bugger won't do anything about his little problem....... Said I would book an appoitment at the doctors he won't hear of it!!. Told him I asked for advice of the ladies on this wonderful site " don't waste their time please" how I'm not wasting anyone's time it's only advice....so at least there are a few options that could be wrong with him?!! So Thankyou all xx
    • Posted

Typical Bloke there Michelle.... i would try and keep going with him seeing his GP chances are the more you mention it he will get fed up and go. mine is the same smile

Good Luck

• Posted

Why are they so damned difficult?!!!......he moans and moans about this and when I intervene and try and help I'm being a nuisance......carnt flipping win if I didn't do anything YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME !!!!!!!!!!. Attitude I'd get from him!!!??????. I have 3 children and when he is like this I have an added child who sucks on a bloody dummy......x
    • Posted

Oh dear i feel for you on that one, they are the same when it comes to a cold as well.

• Posted

LOL.....so true he's also Astmatic...got hay fever to ohhhhhh he's a poorly boy when they kick in....... I've given birth 2 had a Caserian 1. Periods every month.....plus im in Peri...... I to work......run the house......cook and clean etc like you other ladies run the family........I hardly ever moan??????....... Give me a break love.......I say to him when he's moaning im not well........
    • Posted

know exactly what you mean, they have it so much easier than us and still moan like babies...

really i have Asthma, Hayfever, a bad back work 9 hours a day go home do all the housework, cooking etc and still dont moan...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.