ALWAYS follow the instructions.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Reading the comments here I am apalled at how many people were not told how to take this drug. Surely the full instructions are in the packet??

Like another contributor on here, I sit at my computer and deal with emails, look up stuff on Google, check the weather, even play games, and the half hour passes very fast. You MUST take on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning ('first thing' for me being about 8...) with a glass of water, I always down a pint, then wait at least half an hour, not lyng down - sitting is ok, you don't have to be moving around. I then have my cup of tea (sorely missed by then) before getting on with breakfast etc etc.

If you are in any doubt at all about taking this drug please ring the Osteoporosis Society, and they can talk you through any problems. I did this and it was explained very clearly WHY you take Alendronic Acid the way advised. As my nurse said \"you WHOOSH\" ir down with the water. Every time I take one now I think 'whoosh'.

Their number is 0845 450 0230

The Telephone Helpline service is open every weekday between 9am and 5pm (excluding bank holidays) and is staffed by a team of nurses who are experienced in osteoporosis and bone health.

Good luck fellow Osteoporites!

Angels

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes - see the Patient UK leaflet on alendronic acid https://patient.info/showdoc/30003234/ which makes it very clear that following the instructions on 'How to take' is very important so read the leaflet that comes with the prescription and also read our own leaflet that tries hard to re-iterate the very specific information.
  • Posted

Sorry, but I think it's rather naive to think that most patients writing on here have not read the instructions carefully.
  • Posted

Sorry but if you read all the posts here you will find many of them have not read the instructions carefully!! :oops:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.