Always hungry and if I don't eat I get dizzy....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, the last week and a half I have been going through some really strange symptoms. It almost feels like hypoglycemia but exaggerated. So i will have this sudden urge of hunger, and if I don't eat within maybe 15 minutes I start to feel like i will black out. My knees get week and I get really dizzy. I have never passed out but it feels like I almost did. I have a glucose monitor at home and my range is usually 85-142. I will literally start to have these symptoms at around 92 glucose level. I'm not sure what is going on with me. It is important to mention that the symptoms started about a couple days before my period and that last month at the same time I experienced the same symptoms, however they lasted just 3-4 days. Also about 6 months ago I woke up with glucose at around 30, which i was sent straight to the hospital for that.

Last night, I was feeling so shaky and my hands and feet grew cold to the touch, I felt very weak so I ended up going to the hospital again. They did a blood test and urine test on me as well as vitals. The good news is everything checks as healthy and they said there is nothing wrong with me that I should be worried about but to see my family doctor.

It's worth to mention that I am 97lbs and about 5'3. I am on a vegan diet. Also the only way to relieve my symptoms is to eat high protein foods, (snacks don't help) so literally I've gained 4lbs just in the last week and a half. 😦 Please can someone help or recognize these symptoms? I'm tired of overeating and feeling this way.... and it will be awhile until I can get to go to my doctors appointment.

Edit: I am not diabetic. not that i know of...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emilia, Going through thing myself its bloody horrible I cant work longer than 2 hours without feeling like I will collapse. Knees wobbly anxiety through the roof.

Can't do anything physical. How did you Dr's Appointment go? Any outcome? Would love to know if you discovered some thing to help with this issue.

• Posted

Your body relies on food for energy, so it's normal to feel hungry if you do not eat for a couple of hours. But if your stomach features a constant rumble, even after a meal, something might be happening together with your health.

The medical term for extreme hunger is polyphagia. If you are feeling hungry all the time, see your doctor.

• Posted

I think if you don't have any symptoms majorly related to diabetes then you should consult a doctor, there might be possibility of getting something else. Do not delay to consult a good doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.