ALWAYS NERVOUS ABOUT HEALTH

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ,I am writing because "this"( I say this because I want it to be anxiety but my mind leads me to believe its serious health issues) has begun to consume me and hopefully this may help me in some way or help somebody else.

I'm 27,F, (family history of cancer,diabetes,high bp,anxiety,depression) not physically/socially active although I am some what overweight and don't get enough exercise I have been in good health with no major problems. Last year I started getting occasional headaches, I was not too bothered but overtime they became more frequent.

I started getting new sensations: stabbing,dull,tingling,sharp,numbness,pressure in my head that was happening on a daily basis and started lasting longer . I decided to see my PCP and as time went on the daily headaches + constant jaw pain started making me wonder if I had an aneurysm, brain tumor,serious illness.

I had countless trips to ER... 2 CT scans , MRI, all normal. I starting seeing a neurologist and was told even before the MRI that it is migraines I suffer from. After the MRI came back I still ask "what if it was read wrong?" "What if it missed an aneurysm?" etc... There's been even more symptoms lately in different areas of my body ( I will post about later) that I find myself worried could all be causes of serious illnesses...EVERYDAY I wonder "Am I gonna be OK?"

I also wonder if I went into extreme anxiety because last year my younger sibling was diagnosed with a rare cancer that is life threatening. My sibling is still alive and fighting (even though the odds are against) I pray and BELIEVE that GOD will make this a living testimony that he bears healing hands, in JESUS name AMEN.

I will write more and further in depth but I can't stop asking "Am I sick"....or is this me worrying myself sick??!??!?

If you have health anxiety or can relate to this please reply!!!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Health anxiety is awful. Everything hurts and it makes you think something is wrong. Just realize that when a pain comes and then moves to another place in your body, and then another, it is just this anxiety causing all of this. You have been checked at Doctor, so just keep telling yourself you are ok.
    • Posted

Thank you! Its really hard to believe its all anxiety and also equally hard to believe test results are right... but i guess that's what anxiety does. BRINGS OUT THE WORST AND SUPRESSES THE BEST 😬
  • Posted

I go thru the exact same thing. Analyzing any pain I get. Overthinking what it may be. I do yoga to help me relax. I tell myself that I am okay. And I also use lavender oil to help me relax.
  • Posted

I am right there with you!!! Except I have heart health anxiety!!!!
    • Posted

Thats exactly what I have. Im always nervous. And then I always get pain arounf my heart. Do you have that? I was told it was from anxiety. But I find it hard to believe that your mental is that strong to cause pain in your body. I am always thinking that I will have a heart attack (God forbid ). I hate this and want it to go away. NOW
    • Posted

Yes!!! And tightness!! I've even had a panic attack with a heart rate of 190. But I've been told I have a short PR interval on my ECG. Which scared me because my er doctor diagnosed me with an arrhythmia but my ep and cardiologist tell me it's nothing but being young. To me I'm not young. I'm 26. But I guess to a lot of people 26 is young. It scares me to the point I check my pulse like every 5 mins. My cardiologist reassured me I have nothing to worry about but anxiety. But I'm not so sure. I just want to know what my future holds for me ya know? But then again I hate being nervous 24/7 with this on my mind. It feels like that's all I think about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.