Always new symptoms :( ...is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the pass week now I have had sore ribs/upper abdominal pain/ache. Anyone else get this? Feels as though I have done 100 sit ups but I haven't of course. Also, right under my ribs (bottom) are achey, I'm not sure if it's my rib bones or if it's the muscles that are sore...ugh its always something....

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had this on and of for few weeks wasn't sure either if it was fibro xxx

Hugs x

• Posted

thx for the reply, I am just never sure half the time if this is Fibro or something that i need to see my GP about. It's so frustrating sad
  • Posted

Hi Pam I have the same problems my self its awful at times last night was the worse 1 I have had in a long time. I had a intense pain in my stomach right rnd to my back I struggled to breath with the pain an collapsed with pain I cudnt get my self up from my bed thankfully my husband was home to help me to get the pain an breathing under control and help me up. When I get like that I try an nice relaxing bath an hot water bottles gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

The for the reply, it just seems like every other week my symptoms just get worse & worse. New pains in new places on top of all the old pains of course sad
  • Posted

Omg I've had this a lot woke up with it it's awful.you feel like you've done about 3 hours at the gym at first when 8 had it I thought I'd pulled some mucels but couldn't work out how I'd don't it . But since then I've had it quite a few time after its that painful I struggle to get up out the chair o4 move prophet in bed . Feeling your pain sending warm hugs xx
  • Posted

Hi Pam, yes I have this regularly. Pain all round the bottom of my ribs, just like you described. It's as if I've been constantly working out, but of course I haven't, it's a pain rolleyes
  • Posted

I have had pain in my ribs for 2 years now I also have pain in the opening of my sternum and upper abdominal pain as well.the pain in abdomin jumps around from right under sternum to Beside my belly button and then back again. They are just random quick ache that last a few seconds then move spots. I also have pain in my back from neck to bottom of ribs. I can't even touch the joints between the ribs or I will scream. I had an ultra sound and boos work and upper GI. doctor said itsmy fibro but I didn't think that you have constant back pain and rib pain with fibro. Do you have all of these symptoms and if so how long do they last
    • Posted

Yes I do have these symptoms. Depends on how long my flare lasts? Sometimes daily for weeks/months sad

• Posted

Morning all; can't say it feels like a "100 pushups"....but having been punched in the ribs.................Bron
  • Posted

Hi Pam, 

I too have this, it's not there all the time but it is really uncomfortable. It's always on my right side, either along my my lower right rib and along to the centre of my rib cage, or between my ribs just under my left breast. Nothing in particular triggers it and it goes in its own sweet time too. This could be half an hour or a couple of days. I've just assumed it's my fibro as there's no particular pattern to it. Just something else to keep us occupied. Although I wish it was from 100 sit-ups because I'd see some benefit for it 😊 

hope this helps, gentle hugs xx,

• Posted

Hi, Pam:  I have Fibro, also, and I do have those pains in my upper ribs.  I had an Xray done, and they said I have a huge hiatal hernia...you might check into that...just be careful what you eat, if that turns out to be it...I also ache for days at  time..EVERYWHERE......Fibro is a horrible thing to have....HUGS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.